Friday, October 17, 2014

Lake of the Ozarks



I’m going to start this blog post off by saying that a 2004 ford focus has absolutely no lumbar support in it’s driver seat. My family, a few friends and I took a vacation to the “Lake of the Ozarks” MO last summer. We took two vehicles for the long drive down there, and of course I was one of the two elected to drive one of these cars. I drove my focus the whole way there, and let me tell you; my back hurt so badly by the time we got half way I thought I was going to die, I thought “this is the end”. After a few more hours left sitting in excruciating pain trying to shove my sweatshirt behind my back or sit on a pillow like a little old lady we finally arrived. Just seeing the weather I knew that it was worth the pain.
We all spent the week in my mom’s condo. This was a kind of vacation I wasn’t used too. When I think vacation, I think roller-coasters, shopping, and non-stop water rides. I was not used to just hanging out and actually “relaxing” , so the whole time I was trying to figure out some way to keep myself occupied.
The first thing I tried was playing tennis. After about an hour of that, two bleeding knees and a headache I decided it was time for something new. Jet skiing was the next activity. It was my first time on a wave runner and I had a blast. My family and I took turns trying to show off and make fools out of ourselves as we got thrown from the big toys.
After we ran out of rental time for the jet skis we all went shopping at this HUGE outdoor outlet mall. I didn’t buy much but it was definitely different then shopping in Duluth, MN. There was so many different varieties of items at these stores and it was interesting to see all of it.
All in all we still did spend a lot of time relaxing, getting sunburnt and hanging out in the hot tub. I really had a great time this vacation and I can’t wait to go again next year, hopefully in a car with a nice chair!

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. I'm ready to go on just that kind of vacation. Actually, I'll really be ready for that in January!

    If you put spaces between your paragraphs, that visual break would be helpful to readers. Also, you don't need to start out with an announcement; just plunge into your story. Oooh, and one last thing: I was wishing for more reflection of what you were thinking and feeling and not just what you did (which sounded awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried tennis for the first time last summer. It was super fun, and I got addicted. In other words, I totally understand how you were able to spend a whole hour on it. However, how you got two bloody knees is beyond me. I have never had that happen to me. I am pretty sure that the worse thing that has happened to me that is tennis related is hitting a ball up and out of the fenced off court.

    Your vacation sounded super fun though! I love messing around with family members, especially those who I haven't seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete